Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day 4: Ten years

In a home filled with love and laughter. Surrounded by my growing babies and handsome hubster. In ten years, I can only hope to still be dreaming, but to have the means to be making those dreams and ambitions reality.
10 years from now, Addie will be 11, Baby #2 will be 10, and maybe there will be one or two more amongst the ranks. George should be well-adjusted to civilian life and settled into his dream job. I hope to still be working with my current employer, having the opportunity to grow professionally and expand my knowledge and education. I aspire to have a degree or two under my belt, as well as having accomplished a few other personal goals.
A member of the century club after completing 100+ triathlons? Yes! An official Marathoner? Yes! An example to my children! That's the top of my list. I want to show my babies that they can do whatever they put their minds to, as long as they're willing to work for it.
I'd like to be living a debt-free life, maybe with a paid-off house or two. An example also to ourselves that no matter how hard we believe the road ahead of us will be, with determination we can make it through it.
In my dream world, I'll be an expert DIY-er who can conquer any project she puts her mind to. Maybe a little-league coach, PTA member, Girl Scout leader. We'll see.
The next ten years have a lot in store, I know that for sure. With my family, my health and a whole lot of love, there is no doubt that it will be the best decade yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment